CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Political Choice

George W. Bush is in his last year of office. We will vote in the next president in November. The primaries are winding down and our choices for the fall will soon be known. My choice is John McCain. He was my vote in February. I like his fieriness. I like his POW story- "But his claim to fame goes back to the Vietnam War. After being shot down, wounded and captured by the North Vietnamese army, he was offered an early spot in the prisoner exchange program after his captors identified him as the son of the US commander in the war. He declined and waited 5 more years for his proper turn." (Godvoter.org) I like his chances in the poles. I believe he will be able to work with both sides of the government to get policies we need passed. I would have chosen Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee if I felt they had a chance. I have watched for years primaries come and go. The only vote that makes a difference is a person well known and in the top three when Michigan gets to vote.
Yeah, I known all the negatives: his flipflop with abortion, the Mexican boarder thing & the illegal alien thing. I have taken the stance that I Timothy 2 tells us. 1I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.
People always say it's our responsibility to vote. What do we do when there is nobody good left to vote for? John McCain is not perfect but he is the best choice left. Some people say they won't vote for a pro-choice guy. His vote was over 10 years ago for an abortion issue. What happen to forgiveness? Anyways getting back to I Timothy. It tells us to pray for our leaders so all will be well with us. If we pray God listens right? Who better to sway their vote someone who use to vote pro choice once or twice or Hilary or Obama? If we pray I believe McCain will make right choices.
Lou Engle started a group called 'The Call'. They were a group of young kids that learn about our government and prayed strategically for the policies and the leaders endorsing or voting on these policies. He also believes revival will come through the young people of this country. Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is God called us to pray for our leaders. He also appointed those leaders. Romans 13: 1- Let every person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God's appointment. (Amplified version) So are job is to vote then pray for the winner.
I am not perfect in this area. Randy Richardville (our rep.) came up to our booth this weekend and said he wanted to thank us and he knows we pray for him. Well I felt guilty. I don't pray for our leaders enough. In fact, I know I complain more than pray. Now, I'm going to pray every time I complain. This will stop the bad and jump start the good.
O.K. am I all wet? Is there a better way I should look at this voting thing? Is voting for McCain right or wrong? Let me know. This post is based on the verses I quoted but the conclusion is me and I've been wrong before.

0 comments: