CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bring one to Jesus

My pastor Nate Elarton posted on his blog about What if... It challenges us to try and get at least one person saved this year. What an impact for the Kingdom of God this could be if every Christian took this to heart. It seems so insignificant to only work on one person but how many of us try it? The churches in America are declining in attendance. If we were trying to get only one person to the saving knowledge of Jesus in one year the attendance should be doubling each year instead of declining.
OK honesty time! How many people have I helped get 'saved' in my life? Witnessed to, asked if they wanted to have Jesus come into their life, and prayed with? None. Not a single soul. I have witnessed to a few people and I've prayed with people that made the choice at an event or a gathering of some kind. However, The few times I've asked if they wanted Jesus in their heart they already made that decision.
My biggest obstacle is fear. Their is no reason fear should rule in my life but I allow it to. USE TO. After the men's advance last weekend I realized what courage and compassion are. They involve action. Action is lacking in my life and the lives of a lot of men in this country. I believe this is why marriages are failing, children are disobedient, and the church is declining.
Fear should not rule our lives!! The enemy of our souls wants us to be dormant Christians, believing with no results. How close are we to depression, anger, addictions, and other unhealthy things that are 'easier' than dealing with the real problems we have?
I think it's time we took charge of our lives by surrendering them to Jesus Christ. He is the one with the plan. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6.
Jesus help us stop giving our authority to the devil. Remove the fear that grips our heart. Fill us with your Holy Spirit and all the fruit that will enable us to 'bring one to Jesus'. Amen.

0 comments: