CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bang

Well I had to start this thing off someway! Why start a blog? For me: to keep a journal of life. For everybody else: encouragement, humor, or just plain entertainment. Life has ups and downs. I just want to stay focused on what really matters. God created us for His plan on this earth and then for heaven. We can try to see if the guy with the most toys wins or we can live for the Lord. Staying focused involves responsibility, selflessness, discipline, and many other attributes that most people don't feel necessary to live by. To make a difference in life these attributes need to be second nature to us. My life thus far has fallen far short of these attributes.
However, 2008 has proven to be a year of change. I have lost 25 lb.s, changed my eating habits, re-connected with God in a real and powerful way, dropped the idea of starting my own business, and started several other things that will improve my life. Really, the direction from here is in His hands. My selfish ways have gotten me depressed, overweight, antisocial, away from God, into marital conflict, lazy, self-centered, and into debt. What started out as the safe and easy road has turned into the road to death. Until I started changing (with God's help and direction) I was dying. My life was hindered physically, mentally, spiritually, and socially. I would cry out to God with no results. I had heard some things that mattered and then I would just go back to my selfish ways. Until I 'confessed' or admitted my lowly state to a few good friends and asked for their prayers God finally made the light come on. I saw my life for what it really was and easily changed it because He was helping and guiding me. The things I tried the hardest to do and could not God did within a couple weeks. Life is not all peaches and cream but at least I know where my answers lie. There must be less of me and more of Jesus.

0 comments: