CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Consider It Pure Joy

James 1: 2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. When I read these verses today I saw something different. When I went through the 'dry time' of two and a half years, I couldn't consider it 'pure joy'. I was in the wrong mind for one. For two, I saw no end, no work being finished. I felt alone and helpless.
I can now see God used that time to mature me and make me better so I can minister to others going through similar difficulties. I can feel 'pure joy' because I know God is maturing me and making me complete. That is hope! No matter what happens, no matter how bad, difficult, hard things become, God is with me and He's using the very thing that is trying to kill me (it feels that way sometimes) to mature me and make me better. I am becoming a mighty warrior, an effective minister, and a man of God. That is enough to give anybody joy. Change the way you think. Think like God. The now in our life is temporary. Our future is bright. Jesus already won the battle. We just need to walk in it, believe it, and act on it. Use the Word of God. It is a sword, a weapon. Fight for the victory because you will win.

I Cor. 15: 58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

0 comments: