CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blog World

I've been looking on the net for ways to increase hits on my blog. I also have been trying to find good Christian blogs. Here's what I've found out so far...

  • Most of the Christian bloggers out there are women.
  • Most of the Christian men bloggers are Pastors or Leaders in a church.
  • There are very few Christian blogs with a charismatic view.
  • There are not many with an everyday approach to living the Christian life.
  • Most Christian blogs are religion specific, topic specific, or have mini novels for posts.
  • All Christians are not the same.
Some cuss right on their blog! Some have a journal. Some show a lot of pictures & videos. Not many Christian Blogs are like mine (so far). Mostly, I have been talking about using my gifts and the spiritual lessons learned from God and others. I will branch out when the events or encounters in my life seem deserving of cyber ink.
I am not interested in gaining the most hits ever or care in the numbers. My goal is to encourage and uplift. If I make you think about your faith or lack there of differently, I am encouraged. I try to write as God impresses me. So far, so good. I love to write and find enjoyment ministering this way. I chose to talk in an everyday real life manner to expose my weakness and victories. I also write on my learning moments and how it applies to me. I do all this to help others improve and think correctly about themselves and their situations.
  • II Sam. 19:7 Now go out and encourage your men.
  • Job 16:5 But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.
  • Romans 1:12 that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.
  • I Thess. 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
  • I Thess. 5:14 And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
  • Philemon 1:7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.
  • Heb. 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
  • Heb. 10:25 let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Wow! I am impressed with your blog! I'm curious, how did you find my blog? :) It's great to hear from another Christian! God bless you! :)

Ron H said...

Aaron

Thanks for the comment you left on my site. I too have found few Christian men who are bloggers. For the record I am not a pastor or in ministry full time (volunteer only). I definitely belong to a charismatic church. I write to the best of my prayer in the spirit.

My goal is to be a witness for other men. By sharing my story in Christ I hope others will be encouraged.

So as I reflect back on your list I guess I would be in the mini novel category...? ;-)

Be blessed