CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's finally over!!!

The Bedford Trade Fair is over!!!:-) All in all, this year was a success. I took over the fishing game as soon as I got there. Man I was generating the flow of people to the booth! I was having fun again. It was going so well, our workers couldn't keep up making the balloon animals (fish mainly). Margaret told me to stop bringing in so many people. Wow! John 7: 38 'Out of our belly shall flow rivers of living water'. When God gives we cannot contain it! Malachi 3:10 'see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. With less than 2 hours to go I took a bathroom break, bought and ate a soft pretzel, and looked at all the other booths. I found some interesting things but overall it was just a walk. I did see several people I hadn't seen in a while, so that was cool.
We all went to Wendy's after the tear down was over. There was 7 of us. Our shirts were bright enough to glow in the dark. I think the people inside eating next to us were wearing sunglasses! We are pretty loud when we get together too. It was fun and 'It's finally over!'
Before this weekend I've been listening to the book of John on audio book. One verse stuck out and keeps coming back to me: John 7:18 '
He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.' I had made the comment that I was good at what I was doing and Mom said, "He's getting conceded over there." I responded, "I know what my gift from God is and it's God that's getting the glory. He is the reason I'm good because He's doing it." I love telling about my gifts God has given me. He is so cool. I am like Superman when He wants to use me. Bullets bounce off, I leap over tall buildings, I out run trains. (that's what it seems like anyways)
When you're in the middle of being used by God and results are happening at the same time, you know God wants more. God wants to touch as many as possible. You drop your insecurities and look for opportunities instead of waiting for them to come to you. You know God's doing something and what you're doing is it. Your confidence is through the roof and nothing is going to stop you. Yeah, Superman. Doing something because it's right and what you're called to do. It's pure bliss and nothing comes close. These times usually come by 'accident' and are far and few between. Yes ministry can be this way every week at church, but it can also become a routine that we just 'do'. Motions we carry out just to get through until next week. That was the rut I was in and I don't want to return to it.
This blog...am I speaking on my own? Am I seeking my own honor or the honor of the one who made me? It's for Him. Really, admitting my faults to encourage another don't sound like honor to me. It sound like some kind of complex! That is how my God works though, through weak vessels to show Himself strong.
1 Corinthians 1:27

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! GERT's booth was a real testimony for Jesus! Great to see you so happy immersed in God's work.