CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Do What's Right

I am at a men's retreat and it is good. I'm connecting with a few guys I didn't know and some I do.
The message was very full of good information. 'Do what's right' is the crux of what the whole thing was about. Pastor La Fayette Scales told a story of a women that had health problems and her insurance ran out. She needed a surgery and the doctors came to the family and said, "What do you want us to do?" The family contacted the pastor and he told them to tell the doctors 'do what's right'.
Like the good Samaritan 'do what's right'. Pastor said we as men need to romance God and crush the enemy's head. We need to take charge of our home and crush every enemy that comes against the family. We need to take responsibility of the situations that need fixed. By default the responsibility is ours. The kids are too young, the wife is the weaker vessel, so the leadership or priest role is ours. As men we need wisdom, favor, and courage.
One big thing I learned tonight was compassion. Sympathy cries with someone but doesn't help them out of the ditch. Compassion does what needs done. Ouch! I'm a sympathyst. I don't get the job done. I tend to not help but cry with a person in need. God is really trying to change me big time!! How much more can I take? At least one more sermon! Tomorrow is day two here.

0 comments: