CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Awareness

Here's a buzz word for this age we live in today. People are trying to make things more aware to people. Cancer awareness, spiritual awareness, self awareness, brand awareness, and we have awareness ribbons, awareness quotes and we even have awareness months. How has awareness effected me, you may not be asking right now? I'll tell you anyway, awareness is a state of knowing something that has been there all along but never noticed. This year has and continues to be a year of change. In order for change to occur I needed to become aware that I needed changed. The things that hindered me were the very things I held on to because I thought they made me feel better. I needed to become aware of the true situation and change and/or remove some things that made life more difficult. To ignore something does not make it go away.
What awareness has God revealed to you? My top three are:

  1. Pride (still finding new stuff all the time)
  2. Selfishness (kind of parallel with number one)
  3. My true state in relationships (which probably covers 3-10)
I think if we become aware through people, we become offended and don't learn anything. When God does it we might not listen because we're too busy, don't think it was God, or we just don't accept it. When God speaks into our heart, we should listen because it is truth and could change us for the better. The message Sunday in church was removal. What thing do we need to remove? This goes hand-in-hand with awareness. If no action is taken, then nothing is gained. Here are some verses that show consequences for not changing:

  • Galatians 6:4-5 Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load.
  • Titus 1:16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.
  • James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
  • I John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
So I challenge you today. Ask the Holy Spirit to make aware the things that are holding you back from all God has for you. Then take action to fix those things. Don't turn from the truth and become 'unfit for doing anything good.'

0 comments: