CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

VBS 2008

That week of the year is upon us once again. My church is putting on the funnest time you can have in church (in my humble opinion). We have 6 stations to rotate between: Missions (my fav), craft, games, snack, Bible story, and music. They have us start and finish in the main sanctuary. This year we are split up in so many separate groups that it's easy to handle. I am in charge of first grade boys. My title is 'guide' and I make sure we get to each station on time and uninjured (which is not that easy for first graders!)
Yesterday went by really fast. I have the yearly usual couple of boys that will require most of my attention. I was caught a little off guard this year because I haven't been teaching for 6 months. I think it was a God thing because I was able to see it from a distance and analyze what needs done. I am learning how to be a Godly man both from a men's book study and God Himself. I am learning how many different areas in my life have needed improvement and this one can also be added to the list.
Being a leader is difficult when you don't lead. I have been a great sympathizer but the example ends there. In Royal Rangers, our Christian scouting program on Wednesdays, the boys would 'act up' and I would try to rally them back and continue without punishment. There were times however where punishment was necessary. They needed to have fun but not be out of control. I was a weak leader, husband, co-worker, and Christian. I passed the buck instead of stopping the buck and taking care of what needed fixed. Now that I see where I failed and was weak, I can build upon my abilities and correctly minister the way God intends and the way He specifically wants to minister to each child individually. I need wisdom and discernment for this to happen. I also cannot let problems escalate. The buck must stop here and that is where discernment will be needed the most because this is where Jesus will be seen, righteous and loving.
I can't wait to see what Jesus has in store for these boys and me. I am now a living example for the boys and my co-working guides. I can be an influence to show how Jesus really is to them and boys that never go to church will know Jesus loves them because I did my part. The responsibility is mine and I am fully aware. Help me Jesus!

1 comments:

Sharon said...

"I can be an influence to show how Jesus really is to them"- YES! Shine your light and show them God. Sow those seeds!! :0)