CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Encourage Me

Encouragement is something I know something about. God gave me this gift and I try to use it as much as possible. On the flip side I see where it is lacking and how much people need it.
Recently, I have been dealing with changes in my life that involve communication and dealing with things by asking for help and/or prayer. I'm learning that by talking with people you find out you're not alone, they care, and things aren't as bad as your head makes them out to be. I am learning we need each other. We need to lift each other up and take time to listen.
Also in my travels I have been noticing how people visit blogs but leave no comments. What an opportunity to encourage somebody. Even if you just say "hi" you're letting them know you care. If something makes you laugh, cry, nod your head, say amen, or make you mad let them know. If they are asking for a reply or sound like they need cheering up, give them what they need.
If God ever reminds you of somebody you haven't thought about in a while, call them or write a letter. A letter or a card really can mean a lot in an email/text message world. During Christmas your card will stand out from the rest just by saying something simple and heartfelt. You always get cards that say love, the Smiths or just Jim and Karen. It will mean so much more if you added, thanks for all the great times we had this year hope we can do the same next year too.
Being an encourager is not as easy as it seems. I get discouraged all the time and need encouraged too. To be encouraged revitalizes you and awakens who you really are. You feel good and want to give that feeling to others.
I believe people are saying "encourage me" on the inside, I know I feel this way. I want reassured and accepted. Sometimes we lose focus and the little encouragement we get from a friend clears everything up. However if we stay in that self-centered do-it-myself world nobody gets anywhere. So encourage somebody today, see how many days in a row you can say something that makes somebody smile. It's one of my favorite feelings to have, to encourage another.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for all the encouragement you've given me! I really do appreciate it!

Web Designer said...

Excellent post my friend! You are, of course, a terrific encourager! It is by far one of your greatest strengths!
Keep up the good work and tell Kim hello for me if you wouldn't mind. Maybe you should post some of those incredible pics she takes sometime??
Anyhow - have a good one!

DaNella Auten said...

Yeppers! I love comments... lol

DaNella Auten said...

YOU have been tagged!!!

Come to my blog and check it out.

Greg Whiteside said...

HI!!! I care too!

Anonymous said...

Glad people like you exist b/c most people are looking to rip others apart.

britt said...

You never know when or how God may use you to effect others.... I just googled "encourage me" with hopeless intent and here I am, so thanks for your words my brother.

Blessings said...

Hi, I'm new to this site, love the name. Weird though just typed the words in because I've had a rough day, feeling better just being here and reading the comments...God's been good to me today, after all I did wake up this morning functioning properly, that's a gift in itself.