CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Middle of VBS

Oh man, I was tired and not wanting to do anything for VBS yesterday. I knew the kids would be there and they need me. I brought a pop with me today for a little extra pep, took 2 aspirin, and asked for prayer. Little did I know I would have my most energetic day yet! I interacted with the boys like I should have been and knew God was using me. I was injected with Holy Spirit juice and had no ill effects. It's funny how when it was over I felt the pain again and lost that spring in my step.
How much do we depend on God instead of trying to get through it? You know how it is going to be and you react to everything that confirms this way of thinking. I was prayed over and believed with action that I could do it and I wasn't going to give them anything less than 100%. If I'm going to be there just to get through it, I should just stay home because those kids need what we are giving them. They need to know God is real and He's not boring. Thank you Jesus for hearing our prayers and giving those kids what they so desperately need!

0 comments: