CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Microbursts!-Book Review


Microbursts!-Devotions with a Unique Look into the Power of God in Everyday Life, is a book published by Lion and Lamb Publications and written by DaNella J. Auten. I would give this book my highest recommendation. It is a true devotional that connects you with God but it is also a look into a young woman's life so far. She shares her upbringing, her marriage, school, children, friends, mentors, and much more. No matter what you'll be able to connect with her 'microbursts'. Each one is a devotional from her everyday life. Some are funny, others are serious, some are stories, and even others are reflective.
I like the way she uses stuff in her own life to see God. It encourages us to do the same. It the end she even invites us to write her with our own 'Microbursts'. Some of my favorites are: Candy Coated Onions, Milkshake Theology, God's Biscuits, and Three Glass Shelves. There is even one called Iron Sharpens Iron! So that alone is worth the price of admission:-)
There is either one or two pages for each devotion. You can easily read one or two a day and be refreshed in the Lord. I love the style this is written in because you get the point every time. I always read more than one because one of them usually made me laugh either because it was just plain funny or because I could relate to the example.
The price is around $15 plus shipping. The good part about the money she makes: "50% of all proceeds from Microbursts by the Masses will be split evenly among the following two charities:

  • Life Outreach International...www.lifetoday.org &
  • Big Oak Ranch...www.bigoak.org"
Conclusion...on a scale of one to ten (ten being the best) I rate it a ten!!! It makes a great gift too!
I do have to confess that I know the author via the internet, but that in no way influences my review. I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered it, but after reading the book I was pleasantly surprised and heard from God through these devotions!

1 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

awwwwwwww I love it tooooooo! Of course I am slightly biased, since I lived them all.

Thanks for the review Aaron!

DaNella