CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

Just want to give an update on life and the road less traveled that I'm on. God is awesome. His plan is perfect. In recent choices I have made my marriage has improved.
I told a few friends of the troubles I've had and the known weaknesses I have to battle. God revealed that my next step of change that leads me closer to Him is my marriage. This has been a long time coming and I believe He has been leading me to this time so that the change can and will happen. I knew the pain I would endure and the flight risk involved. I don't like pain in any form and the state of my marriage has deteriorated because of my avoidance of pain. I would choose to not do anything when a painful situation came up. I avoided the temporary pain but put a wedge between us as a couple. I evaluated the situation and realized how hard this next step was. I knew on my own the pain would be too much for me to bare. So my friends have been praying for me since the all alert.
I have been doing things I don't normally do and getting good results. Yes the pain has been there but the results are worth the pain. The prayers are working because the choices I'm making are right and easy to handle. I have been dealing with decisions I have made and decisions I have yet to make. I am letting God guide me but I know the battle is on. Just like the prayers that were lifted up for me earlier this year to bring me out of the pit I had fallen into, the prayers are making my mind clear and the way easy. I am winning the fight for my intimacy with God and my marriage. I know this is only the beginning and the days will get hard to handle, but I trust God and I will move on to the next stage of change.
I am learning things for the second time and some things for the first time. The more I say yes to His plans the more I grow and the more I am affective. It's about surrendering my ways and thinking to His way. Knowing I have help to get to the next stage is what keeps me optimistic. I can feel less stress, more confidence, and more hope. To my friends, Thank you. To my Lord, Praise Your Holy Name! It's all for Your glory.

0 comments: