CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

New Theology

I was reading a devotion and just fell in love with this new theology. My pastor is big on theology and is always saying something theologistically (wow that's a real word?). I don't know if he would adopt this but I'm seriously considering it! The book Microbursts! by DaNella J. Auten native of Alabama (she really says yall) and published by Lion and Lamb Publications is a devotional with one or two page titled devotions here is my favorite so far:
The title is...'Milkshake Theology'
When Que was in Bible College, I learned that adoption at any age can make an impact. Let me explain; an older couple, only 15-20 years older than us, Susan and Larry, "adopted" Quintin and I. Sure, I already had a wonderful mom and dad, but they were 500 miles away. Susan and Larry were nearby. They took us under their wings and simply loved us and lived for God in front of us. God used them and allowed us to learn from them.
Susan and Larry hit a few spiritual brick walls. It was at this time, while we watched them the closest, that they taught us an amazingly awesome trust principle. When something bad happens, you go out and get a milkshake to celebrate a chance to see how God's gonna fix this one.
Sure enough, without us fretting and worrying, God manages to solve our problems. Go figure.
Psalms 56:4
I praise the word of God. I trust God. I am not afraid. What can mere flesh and blood do to me?
How does this sound to you? Sounds like a winner to me! I may gain a few pounds but it's for God:-)
You can check out her blog on my list of blogs to the right or click here.

1 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

I love it Aaron. Good job!