CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We Are In This Thing Together

Christians are on a journey to Heaven. On the way we take pit stops to refuel and serve others needs as well. The one way I've found to stay on track is running this race with other Christians.
Ecclesiastes 4: 8- 12
8 There was a man all alone;
he had neither son nor brother.
There was no end to his toil,
yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
"For whom am I toiling," he asked,
"and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?"
This too is meaningless—
a miserable business!

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


These verses are typically used for marriage. However, I see them used for friendship as well. I have good friends that are there for me when I need them. I can count on them to tell me like it is and encourage me too. Without friends I would just pull away from everything and become a miserable person. We encourage one another, pick one another up, listen, pray with and for them, hear from God for them, have somebody to confide in when we need to, get away with, celebrate with, and cry with.

I met up with a new friend last night and we just spoke into each other's lives and prayed for one another. I am a blessed man. The Lord is helping me grow in Him and I'm ready!! I shared on my roller coaster life I live. High with God then down in the dumps. We met after a men's group that was good too. So God used both meetings to speak to my heart and tell me to serve Him all the more when it's not easy. I can't get complacent and take time off. I have to stay alert! I have also been getting this message through a few friends' blogs and emails.

Without friends that are honest and speak the truth with loving kindness, my life would be a virtual roller coaster or just a big valley. So everybody that blogs and I comment on it, emails me, or is a friend in person...thank you. You help me grow in God and win over that stinking devil!! I walk because of your assistance and the love of God. I hope I return the favor even more for you!!!

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.


1 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

Awww I'm a friend... I just want you to know... If you threw a party, the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say, "Thank you for being a friend."