CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Selfish Update

I posted earlier about God revealing the selfishness in my heart. I have to update that now. I had found that the cause of selfishness is from man thinking and not God thinking.
Well I've tried it and have had some great results. In fact the family I almost hindered from growing spiritually is the one I did some God thinking with. I actually thought like a man and realized that it was wrong. So, the only other choice I had left was to think like God. So, I did. I looked at the situation and saw an impossible mountain to climb for one family on their own and I asked myself what does God want here? God wants the impossible to be possible and He wants us to continue on as if the situation has already been taken care of. He wants us to walk in faith with confidence that He is doing what He said He would do.
I am very pleased to say God gave me the words to say and the scriptures to back up His plan. They believed in those words and have already blessed people from them. Also, they are taking a giant leap forward in their faith to do what God has called them to do even when the way seems insurmountable.
I also have been hearing God's still small voice once again. I have been walking in faith and stepping out to do things I had thought were too risky instead of not doing them at all. Is that not what the enemy of our soul wants from us? To be safe and sound and not do anything for God? Action not Words. That was a Def Leppard song. A rock band got it right. I think we can too.

0 comments: