CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Answered Prayer

I had an answer to prayer walk in my house today. I've been praying for someone for all of this year. The story has been up, down, to hopeless. I had given up all but the slimmest hope of God fixing this person's heart. They were acting selfish and didn't seem to want to get help or seek for the right answers for their life. They gave up responsibilities that were important, probably their job, and were hanging with the wrong crowd.
Through fellow family members I found out most of my information because they didn't want to talk or share anything. The last real 'talk' we had I was lied to (so I had thought). This hurt pretty bad because our relationship has always been one where I felt they could share anything and I would not judge or put them down.
I prayed in the beginning very fervently for this whole situation. I would literally cry myself to sleep because they meant that much to me and I couldn't bear the thought of them turning their back on their spouse, kids, me and the Lord. I continued to pray even after the supposed lies they had said. It hurt and changed my perspective of them. Time after time I heard of no change. It was getting worse. My hope of seeing or hearing this situation ever turning around was so low I almost forgot about them just so I could handle the stress of it all.
However, God's answer to prayer walked though my door today and I was flabbergasted, blown away, dumbstruck and in total awe of what has and was happening. They turned their life around and were giving the marriage, kids, and God a try again. I was so happy!!
In conversation, I had mentioned the lies and they said that they did not lie and to call them for information next time! Much of what I heard was overblown or wrong. Normally I don't rely on hearsay at all, but I didn't have anyway of contacting them and they meant more to me than just some person. I needed information for prayer after all! Lame excuse. I believed the half truths and the 'lies' over what God could do. Faith is to stand on what God says. I was believing in hearsay and fear. God is so good. He reconciled this situation and taught me a lesson at the same time.
God recently also had me pray for someone with a physical problem that was misdiagnosed. This record did not allow them to get health insurance. So I prayed for the diagnosis to be reversed and within one week it was! There is a process to undo the health records yet but I'm praying for that as well.
With two major prayers answered with a short period of time my faith is flying high!! God is the answer for everything no matter how impossible or bleak things may 'seem'. Pray and believe then wait and see how God will do it. He will you know. Waiting may take a while but: 'Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.'- Gal. 6:9

Amen!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the prayers.