CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Surprise, You Still Got It!

I was just remembering last night at church. I was talking to a friend when he wigged out and handed me a card to pick up his son in children's church. He was going into a meeting and didn't want to keep the guys longer than need be. So I went back and picked up his son. I handed the children's pastor the card and told him his dad wanted me to pick him up because he was in a meeting. He said no big deal and called him to leave. The son looked at me with a puzzled look and I said the same thing again to him. He just looked at me and asked when his dad would be done and I told him. He was just standing there so I told him to "leave, you're free do whatever you want." I didn't think nothing of it but he looked at me like I was still his teacher, with all that trust and willingness to follow my lead. God is so good!! I forgot last night how much God used to and still is using me with kids. My mind was on the mistakes our youth pastor was making in his sermon. Then I was getting somebody else's kid. (something I never did) I was nervous the pastor wouldn't let him go because of the policy they have. I see the trust Pastor has in me too. It's good to be me!! I guess I feel like I have to prove myself everywhere I go. Oh no, God moment. God just revealed to me that I not only need reassurance or acceptance (something I just had revealed to me a month ago) but I need to prove my worth. Whoa, I knew I had issues with not being good enough in the world but in church too? God is still fixing me. I am changing and nothing is stopping the process this time!

0 comments: