CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quiet Time

Alright, I'm going to be open and honest here hoping I get some advice. I spent a great deal of time away from the Lord the past two years. I realize that the best way to stay close to the Lord is to spend time with Him. This is also the best way to hear His voice and be led by Him throughout the day. I pray better and know when and how to pray. Life is super when this is happening.
Now when this is not happening, life is difficult and you tend to become self-centered. I have found that it is easier to fall from temptation at this time also. I really hate living this way...good for a couple weeks and blah for the next. I love the Lord with my whole heart and strive to be like Him in every way. How do I keep from not reading the Bible, using time as an excuse for not spending time with Him, and not falling into temptation. I can become so easily entangled when I just don't feel like fighting against every thing that comes against me.
So, how do you spend time with God? How do you keep from letting time get in the way? How do you fight the 'I don't feel like it'? I want to be like David- A man after God's own heart. I fail too often. I want the Holy Spirit to rise up within me and fight off all evil. He will never leave me or forsake me. I will prevail in my pursuit of His kingdom. However consistency is what I strive for now. To live for Jesus in every step, thought, and breath. My heart aches to be in His presence.

2 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

well, I cheat... I endeavor to use a diffrent scripture verse with every Microbursts! I write, so that requires me to search the bible so I don't just get stuck using "Trust the Lord" (Proverbs 3:5-6) and "Jesus wept" (John 11:35) lol
Just put in a little bit of God's word every day and it will multiply.

BYE... D

Web Designer said...

Good post.
First and foremost - turn off the computer and get off facebook ;-)
Just kidding around.
Seriously though - here's some stuff I've been doing trying to stay disciplined.
1. Not turning on the tv when I want to be lazy - instead putting in worship music at all times even when I'm cleaning the house or whatever.
2.Dogged determination to read the word as much as possible - even - and especially when - I don't feel like it. I try (although fail most of the time) to put my bible where I have to like step over it to do something - like set it on the computer keyboard, on my pillow, on the kitchen counter - someplace I would have to intentionally ignore it.
That's not much - but those are 2 things I have been really working at to get myself into a disciplined routine even when I don't "feel" like it.
It does seem to be helping I must say. I read some really great stuff the other day that I want to post about but haven't had time to put my thoughts together.
Anyway - hope this helps!