CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Prayer Kick

I am on a prayer kick! God is so awesome! I talked face to face with my friend today about his dad and their time together. God has started something there. We'll get to see his salvation before too long! Victory was the battle cry heard when my friend left for home. He was fighting even going because he wasn't sure if it was right. He talked to someone to encourage him and followed his heart. The door was open to share with his dad and he felt much ground was covered or recovered to build on their relationship.
We had mentioned prayer and how people see it as a token or a last resort. It is so much more than that! It is a weapon. It is a weapon against our enemy that gives us an advantage before we even start to fight. We have favor and wisdom to act and react to attacks and surprises. Prayer is our confidence that the Lord fights our battles for us. Prayer is our hope where there is no hope.
Prayer should be the first thing we do. I Thess. 5: 17- 'pray continually.' Prayer should be done all the time. Prayer is also communion with God. As we live out our day we need to reconnect directly to God for direction and help.
Well, I heard on Focus on the Family and our Pastor that the national day of prayer is next Thursday, May first. It is important that God's people gather together and pray. Prayer in union with other Christians is powerful. This year is a vital year for elections and rulings in state and federal courts. We need to influence our political system through communication with our representatives and our God. God appoints our leaders and can control their decisions. By praying, as a body especially, we can influence our leaders. Please make an effort to find a place that will pray May 1st. Then go and pray. God hears our prayers and answers them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to this post! Andrew Murray said, "Intercession is the one power on earth that commands the power of heaven". Richard Foster says "prayer is working with God to determine the future".
Nice blog. Saw you on the AG blog party ring thing.
Grace and peace, ilona

Karen Hossink said...

"God hears our prayers and answers them."
Amen to that, brother!
Sometimes I think, Am I attributing too much to God? Thinking He's doing all these little "unimportant" things in my life, when He really should be concentrating on running the universe?
But then I know it truly is HIM at work in and around me, because I'm praying. And like you said, God hears our prayers and answers them!

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron!
Prayer, seeking HIS face and not His hands (or handouts) should be our numero-uno priority! :0)

Hey, I don't know if you noticed or not, but your banner for the ring is missing. Argh, I had problems with the photo host (flickr) and then I get informed I am to no longer host them there. It's okay, it's a good problem to have! So, I reposted the code, you know where to go, what to do. It figures this happens a few weeks before the TPE article comes out! ;)

Anyway, as you visit other A/G Bloggers, please look to see if it's there or not. (This is the added code to promote the A/G Blogs site, and the Join button.) If it's not, please let them know. I'm needing other eyes and hands on this, and seeking out help from a trusted few.

Thanks so much! ~Sharon~