CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Save me

I was reading Psalm 69 yesterday and it spoke some reality to me. It is vividly descriptive and pretty accurate to today's surroundings. It is a picture of how David feels with his enemies hot on his trail. I know I found somethings in there I could relate to and thought you might also.
Here are the first four verses:
1 Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.

2 I sink in the miry depths,
where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
the floods engulf me.

3 I am worn out calling for help;
my throat is parched.
My eyes fail,
looking for my God.

4 Those who hate me without reason
outnumber the hairs of my head;
many are my enemies without cause,
those who seek to destroy me.
I am forced to restore
what I did not steal.

In verse 4 I found two things that are prevalent in my life. The first is people who hate me without reason. I am a nice guy and try to be friends with everybody but I do have some who just hate me for no reason. The other is being forced to restore what I did not steal. Bad stuff happens, sometimes on purpose. People can steal from you or blame things on you that make you the thief or person that messed up. God tells us not to take revenge on a person because that's His job. He is the true judge of our motives and actions.
I find these two things in life to be very difficult sometimes. I'm sure David felt pretty bad too considering he compared his situation to drowning and exhaustion. This is where we need to put our trust is God's promise of revenge and that He'll take care of all our needs. To take your situation and just ignore the wrong done to you is very difficult unless you truly trust in Him. He really is our provider. He can replace stolen things or use a situation to speak to another because of your attitude being displayed.
I think we can be encouraged by these verses just because it was David speaking these things to God. He was the man after God's own heart, after all. So if you're feeling overwhelmed or exhausted continue to call out to God because He is there and He wants to take care of you. He can fix anything and give you peace before you even see any change. Trust Him.

1 comments:

jon said...

hi aaron its jon can you add my picture blog as a link on your blog please thank you