CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

1st Meme

Well...I don't like these very much but I thought it would be a great way to share some of my life with those that care or don't know much about me. I got this 'meme' and award from Pastor Deanna Shrodes from the blog 'Lifetime Intimate Portrait'. She has one of the best blogs around so check it out.
Here's the award:
The meme consists of 7 things about me in 6 categories. So lets get this over with!

  • Seven things I did before:
  1. I worked as a caddy for a summer at Inverness in Toledo, Ohio. This is the course that has the Jamie Farr Classic.
  2. I worked at Burger King.
  3. I worked at a glass factory cutting, washing and packing glass. I met my future sister-in-law here and she eventually introduced me to my wife to be.
  4. I worked at a loading dock loading/unloading semi trailors driving a forklift.
  5. I worked as a roofer's helper one summer. Wow it is hot on a roof!
  6. I worked in the sheet metal trade. We worked in factories, buildings, businesses, and other types of buildings like nursing homes.
  7. I worked as a line worker at Chrysler on a welder before my current position as Electrician.
  • Seven things I do now:
  1. January 17th I'll rejoin the KidzZone team after a two+ year break. This is my church's children's church. It will be the kickoff to our third service, which is a Saturday.
  2. I work at Chrysler as an electrician. I have been there 15 years, 13 as an electrician.
  3. I serve on my church's Missions Awareness Team. We set up trips, distribute the money that comes in to the missionaries we support, and vote on what missionaries to support.
  4. I blog, have a Facebook, and a MySpace. I don't really use my MySpace much anymore.
  5. I encourage everybody I can. This is one of the gifts God gave me and many have told me I'm good at it. I think it's easy. You just have to listen and care.
  6. I try to grow from every situation. If I can get any wisdom from something I go through I will try to evaluate it and see what is the right thing to do. Sometimes this involves looking back at the past and seeing it from a new perspective.
  7. I watch game shows. I love games and guessing the answers. I don't think I'm smart enough to win but I would love to go on one someday. I also am not too good under pressure.
  • Seven things I would like to do:
  1. Travel!!! I love going to places I've only seen in a picture.
  2. Going on missions trips. I know this sounds like the same thing but there is a big difference. You are helping someone on the other side of the world.
  3. Retire! I have to say this because it's true. I just had a month off and I still couldn't catch up on everything. I like my job but I would like to do something more satisfying in life.
  4. Learn woodworking. I have a desire to make furniture and stuff made out of wood. My grandpa did a little woodworking but it didn't leave an impact on me or did it?
  5. I would like to lose a lot of weight. I have lost weight a couple times in my life but I eventually gained it back.
  6. I love photography, so I would love to invest in some telephoto lenses and classes. I would also like to take trips just to take photographs.
  7. I would like to be independently wealthy and give to everyone I knew needed help. I love giving. It really gives me the most pleasure to give something that somebody really needs or wants.
  • Seven things that attract me to my wife:
  1. Her smile:)
  2. Her love for photography.
  3. Her independence.
  4. She loves me.
  5. She listens to me.
  6. Her eyes.
  7. Her love for Jesus.
  • Seven of my favorite foods:
  1. Pizza
  2. Subs with a lot of meat
  3. Lasagna
  4. Steak/prime rib
  5. Seafood: shrimp, fish, lobster, crab legs
  6. Fettuccine Alfredo
  7. Chocolate!
  • Seven things I say most often:
  1. This one will be difficult! I use quotes from movies a lot. I will use one for a while then a new one comes along.
  2. "Forgive me"
  3. "Where's the remote?"
  4. "What day is it?"
  5. I call dumb people on TV "Idiot" a lot.
  6. "Lord, help me."
  7. "...and a large Dr. Pepper."

2 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

u didn't tag anyone... The gift won't go on...

Web Designer said...

Two days i a row :-) Your on a roll!
Marty has always wanted to try woodworking too. Love to travel. Love missions work. Love to be a billionaire to give it all away (which wouldn't take me long) I say idiot all the time. Idiot and Moron are my favorite words :-) Love photography of course.
There's more but as I read the list I thought well that would be why we are friends with Aaron and Kim - we like the same things.
Anyhow - take care - it's good to have something to read - keep blogging!