CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Destiny

I starting reading the book by Jill Austin titled: 'Dancing With Destiny' and found a good forward by Dutch Sheets. He is the senior pastor @ Springs Harvest Fellowship in Colorado Springs, Colorado and an author. Here is his explanation of the word 'destiny'. I hope you find it as interesting as I did:
"The New Testament Greek word for 'destiny,' proorizo, is filled with hope. The root, horizo, gives us our word horizon; the prefix means 'in advance.' God has planned a future for us, determining our horizons before we were ever born (see Psalm 139:13-16). This does not mean everything that occurs in our lives is preplanned by God; He does not cause us to sin, fail or experience devastation just so He can give us a testimony. But it does mean He has a finish line in mind for us and a preordained way of recovery when forces try to derail us."
I always saw destiny as our calling or heaven. When he said it means 'filled with hope' I automatically figured out destiny is not the future but today. We live out our destiny today. My destiny is to minister to children. I am doing that today and not looking to 'someday when I'm good enough'. My destiny is heaven. I asked Jesus in my heart and He is guiding me on that path that leads me home to heaven. I can be ready anytime for Jesus to take me home because I follow Him. I am not perfect but He is fixing me as He sees fit.
Destiny can be seen on the horizon and lived out today until the two meet. Are you living your destiny today or waiting for someday?

1 comments:

Sean said...

I would like to borrow this book when you're done if you don't mind. I have read articles and prophetic words from Jill Austin before and must admit that she seems to truly hit the mark when it comes to communicating that which God shares with her.