CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

The Stones Will Cry Out

I was responding to a blog the other day and this verse eluded me: Romans 1:18-20 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
I have been having a hard time lately finding and remembering verses. I am usually within the ballpark of where a verse is located. Sometimes I know two words and can search on line or in my concordance. However I think this is God's way of having me search out a new thing I never saw before.
It took two days and linking out to a devotion/commentary to find it. In the process I found these:
Luke 19:39-40 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."
Psalm 19:1-2 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
Habakkuk 2:11 The stones of the wall will cry out, and the beams of the woodwork will echo it. Joshua 24:25-27 On that day Joshua made a covenant for the people, and there at Shechem he drew up for them decrees and laws. And Joshua recorded these things in the Book of the Law of God. Then he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak near the holy place of the LORD. "See!" he said to all the people. "This stone will be a witness against us. It has heard all the words the LORD has said to us. It will be a witness against you if you are untrue to your God."
After reading: "This stone will be a witness" I realized God was talking and old sermons I dismissed came back to me. I remember how they went into the science side of it. It was based on Isaiah 55:8-12 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
It got me thinking. I remember one thing said was how you can never take back anything you say. The vibration sent out goes on forever. That is why we need to watch what we say:
James 3:6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
Not only does our word carry on out of our mouth forever, it can cause destruction in our lives. Also, our fight is not against our neighbor:
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. Ephesians 4:27 and do not give the devil a foothold.
I believe God is telling me, at least, that our enemy is out to get us by whatever means he can. In the Word quoted above STONES CRY OUT. The spoken word goes on forever and God word does not return back to Him empty. This tells me we need to speak His word out loud. If a stone can be a witness, it can be a witness for us or against us. If we say bad stuff it will send out bad stuff as a witness. It will open the door for the enemy to rule in that area.
I see how spirits can be in a room where there are Christians. We must send out good news, the truth, in order to dispel anything set out to trap us. By not saying anything we allow things to be said to us. The enemy speaks to us all the time to discourage, oppress, depress, and mislead. If we are not confessing what God says for our lives, the enemy is saying what our lives are not. Worship music is another great way to speak the truth and bring joy. It can drown out every evil thought, word, or memory.
There are many things to be retrieved from these verses. I have only touched the surface. The main point to all of this is to speak the truth.

Deuteronomy 32:46-47 he said to them, "Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. They are not just idle words for youthey are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess."
Matthew 12:33-37"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
*Words are important*Speak the Truth*

0 comments: