CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Not Of The World

I went to a Detroit Lions game Sunday. It was a free ticket from a friend, an $80 free ticket. How can people justify paying such a high price for a football game? I understand the whole 'fanatic' thing. I 'r' one:-)
I went to the restroom and walking back I checked out the prices for pop/hot dogs, etc. $4 for a bottled water!!! I just kept on walking. The curiosity stopped right there. I never would have gone if I had to pay.
The Lions were playing the Green Bay Packers (my favorite team). My buddy knew this and that is why I was chosen for his extra ticket. His two boys went with us. It was fun and the Packers won. I love experiencing the atmosphere of 'being part' of the game and seeing the whole field instead of whatever the cameraman chooses to show us.
However, this is where the good stuff stops (except seeing the stadium). I saw all the usual worldly things: drinking beer, cussing, gesturing, and music that is ungodly. I also saw hatred towards players on the field, guys being paid millions of dollars, sky boxes being rented out for a LOT of money, and just a sad feeling that people are so into this.
I saw football by looking down on it from up above (literally and figuratively). On TV it seems so big, but from row 24 in person they look small and real. I am not of this world and see myself separate from a game I love. It just is not that important anymore. Lately, a lot of things seem smaller or less spectacular when you experience them. I guess compared to God all things are small:-)

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Yep, I agree. I've been experiencing this as well. The grass isn't greener on the other side after all (or on the football field in person- in your case) LOL.