CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fear

The thing that holds me back the most in life is fear. I also think selfishness is a big stopper too. God has a great plan for me and for others through me. I think the more I am into God's plans and will for my life the more I stay with His plan. If I think of my weaknesses I tend to withdraw from anything that could go wrong or I could mess up. I don't want to be responsible for somebody walking away from God or having issues in life because of my lack of commitment.
I would rather not do anything than something and fail. That is my fleshly tendency. Is this what God wants though? He would leave the 99 to find the lost one. Leaving the 99 is a big risk. The lost one is just one. Only one % compared to however many left when He wasn't there.
The one could have been killed or died some other way. He might never have found him. If I were that little lost one who went his own way and found out the way he chose was not right, I would want for my shepherd to look for me. I also think of all the little ones that would miss out by me not being there for them. I am gifted and blessed to be a blessing to children and would have none to bless if I chose not to follow God's plan for me.
God has been speaking to me from the story in Numbers 13 & 14 where the spies checked out the promised land and gave their reports. 10 gave a bad report saying how big the enemy was and how they could never defeat them. 2 gave a good report saying how bountiful the land was and how with God they could take the enemy. I know I usually listen to the bad reports given to me because of the reasoning and the many voices saying how 'this is the way it is and you can't change it'. Fear then grips on and the gloominess is seen in every report going forward no matter how good it is.
However, if I would remember what the Bible said about what to do and what to believe, I could push back that fear and see clearly that God is still in charge.
If I do what I think He wants me to do, I will have His grace and guidance to do it. I might not be ready to do it but He is still there to help me. He uses me because of my heart and faith in action.

2 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

Aww that is what my husband preached on Sunday, talking about how we have to choose to step into the unfamiliar inspite of the fear, in-order to recieve what God has in-store for us!

DaNella Auten said...

You got an award! Come see me to find out what it is.

http://beyondmicrobursts.blogspot.com/