CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finding Good in the Vote

I live in Michigan. I work in Ohio. Both states nominated Obama and all the Senate and House winners were not who I voted for. I saw the bars at the top of the page of MSNBC.com and they declared both houses of government and the president are now controlled by the Democrats. I looked up the two proposals in Michigan and they both passed. One is for Medical Marijuana use and the other is my tax dollars to be use for Embryo and Embryonic Stem Cell Research.
I started to freak out a little because it looked like the world was coming to an end. Then I remembered the gay marriage ban proposal in California was being voted on also. I looked at it and saw it winning and my hopes came back. The country isn't going to hell in a hand basket over night! It may be in a few months but not over night!
Also, I remembered a list put out by The Family Research Council. It gives every proposal/amendment that was up for vote that affects the family. As I checked these one by one I was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of the things were passing. Colorado, Arkansas, Arizona, and Florida all passed their proposals on marriage = one man and one woman. Colorado's declared a person starts at conception.
I did find two other disappointments in South Dakota and Washington. Washington voted for assisted suicide and South Dakota voted not to ban abortions.
Overall looking at the big picture, I don't like what I see. With the Democrats in control, I can see our morals as a country deteriorating quickly. Without a lot of prayer and groups that stand for family values fighting and keeping us informed, Sodom and Gomorrah will seem better off than we will be.
I know once Obama is in the Presidency January 20th our government will try to silence any voice that tries to inform Americans of legislation that is sneaked into a bill just to get it passed. I can't tell you how many times James Dobson came on Focus on the Family to tell us of a bill that needed our involvement so it wouldn't get passed. Thousands would call and email their congressman and it wouldn't pass.
They tried on bill #1 on the 2008 agenda to pass a bill to silence all religious organizations on speaking out the truth about bills being voted on in the House and Senate. Jesus is being banned left and right in every shape and form. My pastor had an article he blogged about that tells of a child that had to leave school because his costume was a distraction to the education process. He was dressed as Jesus Christ.
Well I just wanted to shed a little light on a dark picture. Hopefully, this will get Christians to seek His face all the more. We can't depend on too much in this planet anymore. God needs to be our guide and make a way where there is no way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen... being on the West Coast...I often wonder why I even vote- but then I remember, I vote because I can... and God is always in control- no matter what :o)

DaNella Auten said...

Amen brother all we can do is pray...

Eric Smith said...

America desperately needs revival!

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

I hear your heart Aaron and you know my heart is heavy too with the obvious sin that has so entangled our nation. Truly the church is need of a revival more than anything. But we know God is watching everything, He is in control...He will help us live in this world and empower us to take as many people as we can with us to heaven where our true home is when He comes back for us!

I appreciate you my friend...keep keeping on,

Deanna