CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 14, 2008

The End is Near

We are living in the end times. Jesus is coming back to collect His own to Heaven. Then comes the seven years before the final judgment. I'm not a theologian nor an eschatologist. I go to an Assembly of God church and believe in their 16 Fundamental Truths. I also have a really neat Bible with a chart in it explaining 'the last days of history'.
What peaked my interest enough to write about end times has been recent events and verses that keep speaking about it. Also, I hear fellow Christians and churches speaking more on the subject. It is no wonder everybody isn't talking about it with all of the recent financial troubles worldwide, the elections, natural disasters, and immorality becoming more prevalent.
My chart is boxed into chronological categories: Last Days of Preparation, The Rapture, The Tribulation, The Great Tribulation (the last 3.5 years), The Antichrist, Christ's appearance to judge and to wage war, The Millennium, The Final Judgment, and The New Heavens and New Earth. Before finding this chart, I just wanted to write down a few verses to focus on what to look for in our own lives and in the world. I will focus only on the last days of preparation and might reference to the others. This will be the first of a few posts on this subject.
As I wrote several times this year, it has been a year of change for me. God showed me my issues with pride, self-centeredness, problems in my marriage, and other things. So I had ears to hear what God was saying to me. What I've been hearing is we have better get it together or we might not have any oil left in our lamp when Jesus shows up (Matthew 25:1-13). You think you always have time to get 'serious' with God. Time is running out. I can see the Rapture coming within the next few years. A lot of things are in place and have happened according to scripture that need to before Jesus comes for us. Many are occuring now and at a rapid pace.
Romans 2:7-9 'To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;' (NIV) These verses point to the end times and how each heart will increase in good or evil. Matthew 24:12-13 'Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.' (NIV) The love of MOST will grow cold. Are you in the most crowd? I did not think so either. I thought I loved God and heard His voice. I thought I was selfless, giving, and had a good marriage. I got a very important wake up call. I was in the most crowd. I only loved God part time. I was deceived so bad I thought I was good. I loved me more than my wife, others, and God. I was comparing my life with others in the world. Yes, compared to the world I do look good. However, we are not to compare ourselves to each other but to Jesus.
How do you compare to Him? Do you think of others when needs arise? Do you give to your church, missions, and to those in need? Do you avoid people just so you don't have to talk to them? A lot of people need help of some kind. Maybe Jesus is calling you to help one of them. Do you want to know God more? What are you doing about that? Are you letting your love grow cold towards God by avoiding Him? He's there with you right now. Ask Him to forgive you from a lazy cold heart. He wants you to be ready when He comes back. The end may be near, but it can be just the beginning for you. Romans 10:9-10 says 'If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.' You are one prayer away from making sure you go to heaven. God will tell you what to do if you only ask Him. Don't stay cold. Time is short.

0 comments: