CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fireproof

I went to see 'Fireproof' this weekend. I knew it would be good because I saw 'Facing The Giants', the same makers of this movie made 'Fireproof'. I saw previews, read reviews, and looked into the plot a little. I wanted a little more when I read a blog review. I got "It's great, all married people should see it." "I loved it" "A must see." I wanted something like: "I loved the way it portrays a real subject so effectively." "The main character does a good job of hooking you in." "There are two great plots to this movie." (none of these are accurate I am just giving examples)
I also keep hearing how this movie was better than 'Facing The Giants'. I don't know about that. 'Facing The Giants' is one of my two favorite movies of all time. So to give an accurate review I watched 'Facing The Giants' again.
Okay here we go. 'Fireproof' was an excellent movie and it is a must see. I love how a father's love and patience is portrayed. The salvation message is clearly spoken. The problems in marriage are looked at in a real way that pricks your heart if there is any connection to your own. The movie is set around a fire station. So, there is action that keeps you rooting for the heros. I laughed, cried, sat on the edge of my seat, and was fully entertained with a movie that convicted me in some areas of my marriage that need fixed.
As good as this movie was I still like 'Facing The Giants' more. In this movie a man has the world against him and he turns to God to find answers. One by one the answers come and through it all he changes his attitude to be a winner in spite of losing. His attitude becomes contagious and it changes his whole school. Revival breaks out during school hours and hurting lives are instantly changed. This man is a football coach and his team rides his leadership to the playoffs and learn to do things they believe were not possible. God is the Hero in this movie. He is our provider and you see that is a big way in this film.
I think because one is a sports theme and the other is basically a love story men are drawn to the one and women to the other. However, they both are equally good and worth owning. They involve you to look into your own life and see what needs fixed. Don't you want to be the best 'you' you can be?

4 comments:

DaNella Auten said...

I loved fireproof... especially the train wreck scene.

Aaron said...

Oh yeah, that scene was so cool! I love the fire where he saves the little girl. He prays for the first time.

Sharon said...

I love them both. Both equally good. Both serve their own purpose and make their own statement towards God.

Glad you enjoyed your movie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the verses. The Bible is always our compass.