CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Braggin' Wagon

I wanted to just point out a few blogs and our blog ring today. I will start with our blog ring 'Assembly of God Blogs'. First and for most I think Sharon is doing a great job and deserves the highest praise (under God) for a first class blog ring! I love the way it is bringing us together as a denomination countrywide. I am able to talk to fellow A/G 'ers from Missouri, Alabama, Florida, Indiana, etc. Soon it will be worldwide and we will never be able to keep up with all the new blogs!
Secondly, I love the way it has shown me how my church body is awesome. I have seen plenty of people being open with their lives so I can grow from their experiences. I could also use my gift of encouragement to lift them up when they needed it most. I can say that I have friends I've never met and may never meet only from the opportunity of being in this blog ring.
Lastly, my blog was only being read by a few friends and an occasional search hit until I joined this ring. The Assembly of God Blogs has given me not only fellow A/G 'ers reading my blog but people from all over the world. Somehow being linked with this ring has made searchers find my blog and hear about Jesus Christ. Wow! Even when nobody has seen my blog in days I know there will come a day when I'll get 5-10 hits from nobody I know. They can search for any idea they come up with and surprise I am there. Just from the comments I get, I know I'm making a difference.
I have found several blogs that I want to brag about. First one is 'Lifetime Intimate Portrait' by Deanna Shrodes a pastor in Tampa Bay, Florida. I first could not keep up with how much this woman writes! However, I have learned to skip a few that are not my cup of tea. Recently she has been fighting depression and sharing with her readers just what she goes through and how she deals with it. She is open and honest and impresses me to no end. I have my share of depressive times and don't even compare with her at all. She loves God and it shows. I know what it's like being depressed and wanting to serve the Lord. You try and nothing. No response from God and no twinge inside from the Holy Spirit about what to do. You have to encourage yourself in this time or you just stay down. She has mastered this. She is living like the Bible tells you to do. She is putting action to her faith when there is no feeling into it and she doesn't even want to. She has found that servant's heart that works separate from emotions and feelings. Deanna, you are an encouragement bigger than you'll ever know because you share your life with us. You are showing us the way, when you're not even sure yourself. She is amazing and her blog is an 'intimate portrait' of that amazingness. Check out her battles, victories and the way God is changing her for all our benefits.
I knew this would get long so I'll only do one more today. The last one is 'African Dreams' by Tami Moreno. Yes I'm a little bias here since she's a good friend and the one to get me to start blogging. She plans on being a missionary to Africa someday with her family. She's a regular gal that loves Jesus, her hubby, and her children. Tami has been through a lot in her life and it has made who she is today. Dealing with life and loving Jesus is what her blog is all about. She has her days when life is getting the best of her but always has victory in the end. I can relate to her real situations and her reactions to them. Her love for the Lord is what makes her different from the usual church crowd. It is awesome to see the decisions and influence this family makes. You can read this blog to find out how to live and get past your past. She also has an uncanny way of taking stuff in her day and using it in a devotion. I have been encouraged and brought back into focus by reading this blog. I also have gotten through some hard times from her prayers. Check it out and be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both of those blogs!!! Deanna has captured my heart as well. I love her willingness to share it all!!! You are a blessing too. You were on the ring well before many other men! You've paved the way :o)

Sharon said...

Yes, we are going International! I have a blog in queue from overseas. I don't remember where, but it is exciting.

Thanks for the plug, and the great post!

I'm sick today, so a prayer would be appreciated. :0)

Web Designer said...

aww, thanks. You made my day. I'm just happy the Lord can use things I say in your life :-) Thank YOU for being a faithful reader, a good friend, someone who kicks my butt when it's needed and someone who always has an encouraging word. I enjoy your blog as much as you do mine, so keep up the good work.
Be blessed friend :-)

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Well Aaron, you successfully have me sitting here having GOOD (not sad) tears in my eyes.

Thanks my friend...you made my day! I am so thankful for Godly men like you who are in the blogosphere.

Love & Blessings,
Deanna